Otumfuo condemns politicisation of the society
The Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, has condemned obsessive politicisation of the society, which virtually compels people to look at every issue from the narrow and darkened prism of party politics.
‘We have allowed politics to dominate our lives and infl...
3 billion Chinese loan will arrive soon - Government
Government has dismissed fears that the 3 billion dollar Chinese Development loan may not be delivered due to some administrative lapses.
Civil Society groups like Imani Ghana have raised red flags over the facility saying the Chinese partners are not con...
2016 NDC power play begins
Very credible reports received suggest that, some senior members of the ruling National Democratic Congress (NDC) with flag bearer ambitions are angry over what they describe as a calculated attempt by the First Lady, Mrs. Lordina Mahama to deny them a level p...
Challenges have strengthened my faith in God - Mahama
President John Mahama says the challenges that have confronted the initial stages of his administration have strengthened his faith in God.
Mr. Mahama confessed on Sunday May 12, 2013 at the Osu Presbyterian Church in Accra that the he had to seek guidance ...
President Mahama Optimistic about Ghana's Future
The recently elected president of Ghana, His Excellency John Dramani Mahama in a press briefing
with a cross section of the Ghanaian Media in the United Kingdom, on Monday 29th April 2013,
thanked Ghanaians for their relentless efforts in projecting a positi...
NDC Forum For Setting The Records Straight
NDC' Quality Education Versus NPP's Azaa 419 Free SHS Education
Thank you once again our friends of the media for accepting yet another invitation to our series of Setting The Records Straight Press Conferences.
A couple of weeks ago we took an extensive look at the issue of the credibility of the promises that are flyi...
President to announce initiatives next week
President John Dramani Mahama will next week Tuesday announce his administration’s plans and focus for the remaining four months.
The announcement, which will be broadcast live by Ghana Television will outline strategies aimed at “further translating the g...
NPP Activists staged a botched demonstration in London.
A group of NPP activists led by Daniel Nii Kwatei Titus-Glover, a member of the Nana Akuffo Addo's communications team, took to the street in front of the Ghana Consulate offices at Highgate Hill, North London on Friday to present what they claim to be a petit...
Rawlings Betrays his Supporters?
In 1980s I was invited to join the Democratic Youth League of Ghana (DYLG) otherwise known as 'Rawlings' young pioneers'. The then DYLG coordinator in Bimbilla, now lawyer, Mohammed Attah, convinced us that DYLG was a platform for preparing ourselves as future...
- Gay marriage bill returns to Commons
- Mon, 20 May 2013 08:07:52 GMT - Conservative Party divisions over legalising same-sex marriage in England and Wales are set to be exposed again when the plans return to the Commons later.
- Second body found after house blast
- Mon, 20 May 2013 08:13:44 GMT - A man and a woman are found dead at the scene of a suspected gas explosion at a Nottinghamshire house.
- UK astro Peake given station date
- Mon, 20 May 2013 08:26:51 GMT - UK astronaut Tim Peake is to fly to the International Space Station, launching on a Soyuz rocket in November or December 2015.
- Briton facing child death charges
- Mon, 20 May 2013 03:47:36 GMT - A 48-year-old British man living in France is expected to be formally charged later with killing his two children, aged five and 10.
- Pupils 'need early porn warnings'
- Mon, 20 May 2013 01:52:28 GMT - Young children should hear about the dangers of pornography as soon as they have access to the internet, head teachers say.
- PM warns overseas territories on tax
- Mon, 20 May 2013 01:41:17 GMT - David Cameron has called on British overseas territories to "get their house in order" and sign up to international treaties on tax.
- Fierce battle for key Syrian town
- Mon, 20 May 2013 06:41:50 GMT - Fighting rages in Syria's town of Qusair after government troops launched a major operation to seize the strategic rebel stronghold.
- Film shows Hillsborough PC was right
- Mon, 20 May 2013 00:46:23 GMT - Crucial evidence from the 1989 Hillsborough football disaster, which was undermined at the original inquest, was true, BBC Panorama finds.
- Business leaders attack Eurosceptics
- Mon, 20 May 2013 04:25:00 GMT - A number of prominent business leaders accuse those calling for Britain to leave the European Union of "putting politics before economics".
- Deadly tornadoes ravage Oklahoma
- Mon, 20 May 2013 03:58:36 GMT - At least one person is reported dead and several others injured in a series of tornadoes that have torn through the US state of Oklahoma.
- Sunshine vitamin 'may treat asthma'
- Mon, 20 May 2013 00:39:04 GMT - The amount of time asthma patients spend soaking up the sun may have an impact on their health, researchers have suggested.
- Yahoo 'to buy Tumblr for $1.1bn'
- Mon, 20 May 2013 00:01:38 GMT - Yahoo's board approves a deal to buy New York-based blogging service Tumblr for $1.1bn (Â£725m), US media reports say.
- Ark Royal sets sail on final journey
- Mon, 20 May 2013 03:41:20 GMT - The Royal Navy's former flagship, the Ark Royal, leaves her home port of Portsmouth for the final time later, bound for a scrap yard in Turkey.
- Charity drops 'women' from its name
- Mon, 20 May 2013 02:08:13 GMT - The WRVS, set up by women to help efforts on the home front during World War II, changes its name in a bid to attract more male volunteers.
- Rod Stewart returns to UK number one
- Sun, 19 May 2013 18:01:43 GMT - Rod Stewart scores his first UK number one album for 34 years, going straight to the top with his LP, Time.
- We need to keep Bale - Villas-Boas
- Mon, 20 May 2013 08:20:39 GMT - Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas says it is vital the club keep star player Gareth Bale if they are to improve next season.
- Cook hails bowlers after England win
- Sun, 19 May 2013 17:26:48 GMT - Captain Alastair Cook salutes bowlers Stuart Broad and James Anderson after England's 170-run win over New Zealand.
- Di Canio condemns player behaviour
- Sun, 19 May 2013 19:59:29 GMT - Sunderland manager Paolo Di Canio believes some of his players' behaviour was "ridiculous and pathetic".
- 'A day for shocking stats and staying in your seat'
- Mon, 20 May 2013 06:00:11 GMT - Chief sports writer Tom Fordyce savours an eventful first Test at Lord's and asks what we learned from England's thrilling win
- Garth Crooks's team of the season
- Sun, 19 May 2013 19:02:39 GMT - Who has Garth Crooks named in his Premier League team of the season?
- Ryanair profits at record high
- Mon, 20 May 2013 06:57:03 GMT - Discount airline Ryanair reports record full-year profits and rising revenues despite soaring fuel costs, but hits out at "bizarre" EU takeover decision.
- FirstGroup plans Â£600m rights issue
- Mon, 20 May 2013 08:11:50 GMT - Transport company FirstGroup has announced a Â£615m rights issue in a bid reduce its debt after its full year profit dropped by over a third.
- Clegg leader plot claim 'ridiculous'
- Sun, 19 May 2013 16:39:20 GMT - Lib Dem minister Danny Alexander dismisses claims that Deputy PM Nick Clegg could face a Lib Dem leadership challenge from Vince Cable.
- Tories 'united' on Europe, says Hunt
- Sun, 19 May 2013 15:13:19 GMT - The health secretary rebuffs claims the PM is losing control of his backbenchers over Europe - as Tory activists complain of a "crisis" destroying the party.
- Bunions 'blame family not footwear'
- Mon, 20 May 2013 06:45:37 GMT - The risk of developing bunions - bony growths on the big toe - is linked to your family, not your shoes, a US study has shown.
- Mental health 'bible' is updated
- Sun, 19 May 2013 06:45:33 GMT - An update to one of the most important manuals in mental health - known as the bible of psychiatry - is published.
- Walk-to-school numbers 'falling'
- Mon, 20 May 2013 01:55:33 GMT - Fewer children are walking to school in the UK, campaigners say.
- Targets 'risk pupil well-being'
- Sun, 19 May 2013 14:59:09 GMT - Pupils' well-being and education should not be sacrificed to meet new targets, the leader of a head teachers' union tells its annual conference.
- Man lists 12,000 call menu options
- Fri, 17 May 2013 10:55:05 GMT - An IT manager who grew frustrated with call centre menus has catalogued shortcuts to thousands of phone services
- Ofcom plans simplified phone numbers
- Sat, 18 May 2013 00:47:05 GMT - Some people are "put off" making important calls because of confusion over the amount they will be charged, according to the telecoms regulator.
- Warming extremes 'not as likely'
- Sun, 19 May 2013 17:31:29 GMT - Global temperature rises will be slower in the coming decades say researchers but the long term picture is consistent.
- Deep sea 'gold rush' moves closer
- Sat, 18 May 2013 01:27:03 GMT - The prospect of a deep sea "gold rush" opening a controversial new frontier for mining on the ocean floor has moved a step closer.
- Millais painting acquired by museum
- Mon, 20 May 2013 01:29:11 GMT - A celebrated Pre-Raphaelite painting that led to a marriage breakdown is acquired by the Ashmolean museum.
- British Soap Award winners named
- Sun, 19 May 2013 14:28:22 GMT - Coronation Street leads the honours as it does battle with Hollyoaks, Emmerdale and EastEnders at the British Soap Awards.
- Tom Ripley and a talent for evil
- Fri, 17 May 2013 16:01:18 GMT - The view of evil in Patricia Highsmith's Tom Ripley novels - as expressed through her amoral title character - fascinates John Gray.
- Breast cancer: What is the risk?
- Fri, 17 May 2013 23:27:50 GMT - Angelina Jolie had a mastectomy after being told there was an 87% chance she would develop breast cancer. How high is the risk for other women?
- Essex Police cuts new starters' pay
- Mon, 20 May 2013 00:06:28 GMT - Police officers in Essex are to get lower starting salaries following a pay review, it is revealed.
- UKIP councillor denies wrongdoing
- Mon, 20 May 2013 00:49:46 GMT - A newly-elected UKIP councillor at the centre of an electoral forgery inquiry says he has not "done anything wrong".
- Gay ministers top Church agenda
- Sun, 19 May 2013 23:13:51 GMT - The issue of gay ministers will top the agenda at the Church of Scotland's General Assembly, four years after the first openly homosexual minister was appointed by the Kirk.
- 'Optimism' as shopper numbers rise
- Sun, 19 May 2013 23:16:42 GMT - Retailers are cautiously optimistic after an increase in shopper numbers in April, according to Scottish Retail Consortium figures.
- Police talks 'should make NI safer'
- Mon, 20 May 2013 07:42:01 GMT - A senior PSNI officer says talks in Cardiff over the weekend between police, politicians and community representatives should help make Northern Ireland safer this summer.
- Man in 60s dies following flat fire
- Mon, 20 May 2013 07:33:20 GMT - A 63-year-old man has died in a fire at a top floor flat in University Street in south Belfast.
- Inquiry into aircraft death crash
- Mon, 20 May 2013 08:13:09 GMT - An investigation is under way after one man died and two people, one of them a boy, were critically injured when a light aircraft crashed at Caernarfon Airport
- Concern over cost of rental changes
- Mon, 20 May 2013 06:05:09 GMT - Changes to the way social and private homes are rented could cost up to Â£45m, a landlords' organisation claims, saying it would be better spent building houses.
- Boko Haram militants 'in disarray'
- Sun, 19 May 2013 19:04:47 GMT - The Nigerian military says that Boko Haram militants in the north-east of the country are "in disarray" as a result of its offensive against them.
- Tunisia police clash with Islamists
- Sun, 19 May 2013 20:38:09 GMT - Clashes between Tunisian police and hundreds of supporters of the radical Islamist group Ansar al-Sharia leave one person dead and others injured.
- China leader vows better India ties
- Mon, 20 May 2013 07:10:42 GMT - China's Premier Li Keqiang pledges to build trust with India where he is meeting his counterpart Manmohan Singh, after a recent flare-up in border tensions.
- China asks N Korea to free boat crew
- Mon, 20 May 2013 08:14:10 GMT - China says it has called on North Korea to secure the release of a fishing boat and its crew seized on 5 May, as captors reportedly demand a ransom.
- Briton held over children's deaths
- Mon, 20 May 2013 02:34:50 GMT - A British man has been arrested in France in connection with the deaths of his two children, media reports say.
- US spy-row diplomat 'leaves Russia'
- Sun, 19 May 2013 18:22:54 GMT - US diplomat Ryan Fogle, accused by Russia accused of being a spy, has now left the country according to Russian television.
- Colombia's Farc want 'more time'
- Sun, 19 May 2013 21:47:10 GMT - Colombia's main rebel group, the Farc, denies it is moving too slowly to end five decades of conflict, six months after peace talks began.
- Peru's Fujimori health 'worsens'
- Mon, 20 May 2013 03:04:22 GMT - A senior doctor treating Alberto Fujimori says the jailed former president of Peru has severe and worsening health problems.
- Multiple car bomb attacks hit Iraq
- Mon, 20 May 2013 08:16:32 GMT - At least 26 people are killed by car bombs in the Iraqi cities of Baghdad and Basra, police and medical officials say.
- Morsi rules out Sinai hostage talks
- Mon, 20 May 2013 01:14:18 GMT - Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi rules out negotiating with the abductors of seven security personnel seized last week in the Sinai peninsula.
- Canada PM aide quits in expenses row
- Sun, 19 May 2013 22:08:01 GMT - Nigel Wright, chief of staff of Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, resigns over his role in a growing expenses scandal.
- Malcolm X grandson suspects remanded
- Sun, 19 May 2013 03:20:55 GMT - Two men suspected of killing Malcolm Shabazz, the grandson of US political activist Malcolm X, are remanded in custody in Mexico.
- Eurovision Song Contest in pictures
- Sat, 18 May 2013 23:31:10 GMT - 58th Eurovision Song Contest in Malmo
- In pictures: English ritual year
- Sat, 18 May 2013 08:29:31 GMT - Idiosyncratic English rituals on camera
- Week in pictures: 11-17 May 2013
- Fri, 17 May 2013 15:40:43 GMT - Some of the best news photos this week
- In pictures: Things come apart
- Fri, 17 May 2013 07:26:07 GMT - Inside everyday objects and design classics
- Day in pictures: 17 May 2013
- Fri, 17 May 2013 13:30:21 GMT - Twenty-four hours of news photos: 17 May
- In pictures: Raw power of the Sun
- Fri, 17 May 2013 06:17:41 GMT - Best pictures of our parent star
- In pictures: Dambusters flypast
- Thu, 16 May 2013 16:39:52 GMT - A Lancaster bomber flypast over Derwent reservoir
- In pictures: Barbie house opens in Berlin
- Thu, 16 May 2013 15:35:05 GMT - Life-size Barbie house opens in Berlin
- VIDEO: House of Commons
- Wed, 15 May 2013 16:15:33 GMT - Leading Conservative rebel calls on MPs to demonstrate their support for an EU referendum.
- VIDEO: 'I wasn't allowed to hold my son'
- Mon, 20 May 2013 00:44:09 GMT - An investigation by the BBC's Panorama into the cover-up that followed the Hillsborough disaster has revealed crucial evidence from an off-duty police officer, which was undermined at the original inquest into the tragedy, was true.
- VIDEO: UK astronaut Peake to go into orbit
- Mon, 20 May 2013 06:17:13 GMT - The UK astronaut Tim Peake has been given a date to fly to the International Space Station (ISS).
- VIDEO: Assad: No intention of stepping down
- Sun, 19 May 2013 21:57:30 GMT - Syria's President Assad has said he has no intention of stepping down in his first interview since calls were made for a peace conference to try and resolve the conflict.
- VIDEO: Ark Royal sets sail on final journey
- Mon, 20 May 2013 07:19:18 GMT - The Royal Navy's former flagship, the Ark Royal, sets sail for the final time, bound for a scrap yard in Turkey.
- VIDEO: Chelsea Flower Show: 100 Years on
- Mon, 20 May 2013 08:11:44 GMT - The Chelsea Flower Show celebrates its 100th anniversary this year.
- VIDEO: Tornadoes tear through US states
- Sun, 19 May 2013 11:03:03 GMT - Storm-chasers have captured footage showing tornadoes touching down in both Texas and Kansas.
- VIDEO: Ai Weiwei makes art from milk tins
- Mon, 20 May 2013 02:56:02 GMT - Artist Ai Weiwei has created a map of China made entirely out of tins of formula milk, to highlight tensions over tainted baby food.
- VIDEO: Gumball rally sets off from Denmark
- Sun, 19 May 2013 16:46:23 GMT - Up to 100 predominantly luxury cars are taking part in the Gumball 3000 rally in which some of the world's richest petrol-heads get to flaunt their wealth during a drive that will take them through Europe.
- Do white South Africans have a future?
- Sun, 19 May 2013 23:54:51 GMT - What is the future for white people in South Africa?
- Keeping alive Gaza's culinary traditions
- Mon, 20 May 2013 00:06:58 GMT - Preserving the spice of life when ingredients and power are scarce
- How to hack a nation's infrastructure
- Sun, 19 May 2013 23:52:59 GMT - Looking through CCTV feeds that should not be public
- Eritrean tells of Sinai torture for ransom
- Sun, 19 May 2013 23:09:36 GMT - Refugee's story of seven months held in the Sinai desert
- Not your typical multimillionaire
- Sun, 19 May 2013 23:35:09 GMT - The surprising life of a young multimillionaire
- VIDEO: Running barefoot in Wyoming
- Sun, 19 May 2013 23:29:31 GMT - How barefoot Indian tribe inspired a US fitness revolution
- Premier League farewells in pictures
- Sun, 19 May 2013 12:19:11 GMT - Ferguson, Scholes, Moyes - day of Premier League farewells
- Debut directors seek Cannes success
- Sun, 19 May 2013 16:15:08 GMT - The young UK film-makers vying for attention in Cannes
- Tory discontent continues to enthral
- Mon, 20 May 2013 05:19:35 GMT - Tory discontent continues to enthral
- Could RBS stay in an independent Scotland?
- Sun, 19 May 2013 23:06:17 GMT - Could RBS and Bank of Scotland keep their homes there?
- Broad and Anderson back to their best
- Sun, 19 May 2013 16:32:11 GMT - Broad and Anderson back to their best in England win